Saturday, November 12, 2016

One Has Made It To College



How did this happen? Teddy started taking college classes when he was 16 at the community college. He then asked me to graduate him at 17 since he wanted to start going to college full time. He now has transferred to a four year university and he wants to study Nursing.
Many people tell me that I was a good teacher because of the success he has been experiencing. I have to disagree. I was his tour guide, the one who would make small suggestions. He was the one who took ownership of his learning. Teddy is the one who has been working hard for his goal. Teddy is the one who is learning all that he did not learn in the years before college. I am excited to see his self direction and motivation, but to give me credit for this, no. Teddy did it. He is the one who was the researcher, I watched from the side and guided him when he needed it. I was not his teacher, I was his parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment