Saturday, November 12, 2016

World Series Champions, Cubs Win!

CUBS WIN THE WORLD SERIES!

I ventured out on a photo project called reflection I bring my glasses to various places and ask for people to wear them as I take a picture. When I called this piece reflection it is because of the reflection in the glasses and it's the reflection of the story. 

 The woman on the left is 88 years old. She said she watched the Cubs win after waiting all of these years. She would bring her kids to Wrigley when they did well on their report cards, she has not been back to the ball field until this day I asked her for her photo. Look at her all decked out in her Cubs gear!

The woman on the right was so delightful. She was giddy to be at the ball park. She was so proud to be part of this experience.

I wrote my dad's name on the wall. My reflection of the cubs brings me to my dad. I would come home from school and there was my dad watching the cubs game, I think that is where I learned all my swear words :) He was a loyal fan and the day before he died in 2013 they were almost to the world series. I remember telling him about the game as he laid in his bed not comprehending much because of the brain tumor. I will always have the memories of my dad linked with the Cubs. He would have been so happy this day! I probably would her a few swears flying here and there through the last game!

 CUBS WIN! Chicago Wins! 

No comments:

Post a Comment