Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Clean Up



About once a month I go through this crazy feeling that the basement is a mess. Then I remember the days when we had time to do a 10 min. clean up for each child equaling a full 30min of picking up every day for me. We no longer do this, but I think it is time to revisit.

After picking up the basement for about 30 min. the kids claimed it was clean and they were super excited to have an area to play in. Look at the second photo, this is what they saw. Then I took a photo of what my perspective was which you can see on the top photo.

When parenting my children I have to continually remember what their perspective is, and remember what it is like to be a child. They had already helped clean up for a long time and they felt accomplished with a "clean" basement. When looking at the basement (picture one) they felt there was more room to play in and their goal had been accomplished. It was my thoughts that it was not clean so I went ahead and finished picking up to my own standards. It was either I did that or we did a session two the next day.

The kids then practice gymnastic moves on the mat and it turned into a fun relaxing evening! Well worth the time spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment