Saturday, July 23, 2011

Disney Vacation Part 1


How many bags do 6 people pack?  Enough to get on an airplane.


The morning started very early...the limo picked us up at 4:00, I picked my mom up at 3:30a.m.  The limo driver was very entertaining and gave us all some good laughs.

As we drove into O'Hare a flash of lightning came down right onto the lightning rod at the airport.  OH NO!!





 Will we leave on time?  Yes? They boarded on time yet we sat on the plane for extra time so we could get fueled up.  Okay a little gas helps get you to Florida so I will accept the delay. 


The flight had major turbulence.  The seat belt sign was only off for 5 minutes tops!  My mom had read that planes dehydrate you which makes you more at risk for developing a cold. Because of this I drank 24 oz. of water.  As the plane jostled up and down I could not take it, I had to break the rules.  I even was told that the seat belt sign was on and the flight attendant would not advise me to get up, yet I did it.  I unfastened the seat belt and made my self (medical gloves on for the germs) to the bathroom.  Other than hardly being able to balance on my feet I made it there and back safely.



We discovered that Owen has motion sickness.  He sat with a bag in hopes that he would not have to really use it.  Did I tell you the storms under us created a lot of turbulence?


Disney has a great system where you board a bus and it takes you right to your resort.  We did not have to Resort hop to get to Port Orleans French Quarters.  Originally we thought we would not get a room until much later so we planned to go swimming during our waiting time.  Well that was not needed, we got right into the room!



I wish I could sleep at this point, but part two of the day was starting.  We went to downtown Disney and ate lunch.  I am not a fan of Downtown Disney.  It reminded me of Woodfield. 


After the boat ride back we took a shuttle bus to the monorail and then to the Grand Floridian where we had a dinner buffet with Cinderella and Cast.  Being on the Disney Dining Plan we took advantage of many Character Dining opportunities for L.S.  The boys were great troopers.  Teddy even got into the silly part of himself and posed for pictures with the characters.  I think Drizella wanted a date?  I don't think she is his "type". 


Isa had a good time and she liked getting her autograph book signed.  The look she gave the evil stepmother was priceless!



Our final destination for the night was a dip in the warm pool and off to bed!  (Sometimes you keep on chugging for the benifit of your children...Yawn)




1 comment:

  1. Owen kept complaining and complaining on the plane it was really annoying

    ReplyDelete