Thursday, August 4, 2011

Good Bye Little


L.S. learned how to ride her bike a few months ago.  After becoming extremely confident on her smaller bike she decided that it was time to move onto her brothers old bike.  This is something we do a lot in our family.... hand me downs.  There has never been any ill feelings from any of the kids because we try to teach them the value of using a toy, clothes, bikes until they can not be used anymore or given away to someone who needs it.


L.S. was able to bike on her new bike (notice we personalized it with a pink basket used from her old bike).  She rode it around and was so proud that she was able to ride a big bike but then....


did she fall off, no.  Did she get hurt, no.  Did she miss her old bike because she doesn't want to grow up, yes.  When I was a kid I dreamed about all the freedoms I would have being big.   L.S. fights it every step of the way.  I think her new name should be Peter Pan.   

I asked her why she didn't want to get big and she said "I don't want to buy a house!"  Ah the worries of a 7 year old!

1 comment:

  1. My kids say "that's so cute!", and "that's adorable, isn't it!?" Does she know that house buying is a looooong way off? I bet she does, but it's a feeling that's hard to overcome. Understanding mortality at 7 is difficult!

    ReplyDelete